Thursday, July 9, 2009

Not all paintings are done in a day.

Sleeping isn't really going so well tonight; I was up working on the self portrait below, and since summer has started I've been trying to get into the groove of working out more- getting rid of the " Eh, I'll do it tomorrow" train of thought. At about 4:30 ( probably later), as I tried to make my way up the stairs, I noticed that my poor dog, Allie* was watching up at the staircase awaiting my return. I didn't know that things that can't speak could guilt trip, but she did. I decided to take her for a walk and hopefully tire her out some so we could both get some sleep. To add, it was raining as I walked my dog around the loop and I didn't bother to put a shirt on- but once we got back home I believe she was ready for some shut eye, and so am I!

* When I first got my dog, my father asked me what to name her. I said" Alley!"
" Allie, as in A-L-L-I-E?"
"Nooooo. As in A-L-L-E-Y."
But of course I was a kid and the spelling must not have took; while I was writing I didn't know which to type so I just stuck with what's on her tags."




No comments:

Post a Comment